Huston-Tillotson UniversityMaster of Business Administration
An MBA degree is one that is highly recognizable throughout the world. The HT MBA degree allows students with an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or in a related business degree to build upon the skills already learned. This program will help prepare graduates for leadership roles with their organizations and will provide them with the skills necessary to run a business.
Individuals who have a degree in a non-business discipline may also pursue the HT MBA to help prepare them for a new career.
The HT MBA is a hybrid MBA program with a concentration in Management. It offers a blended learning format of online and on-campus courses and is specifically designed for the working professional. The on-campus courses will be offered on Fridays from 6:00pm-10:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00pm.
The HT MBA will require the successful completion of 36 credit hours which can be completed in 18 months or less. Courses will be offered in 8-week sessions, six sessions per academic year. This 8-week session format is desirable because it will allow students to finish their graduate degree program sooner and with no additional costs. Students will accomplish the same results in a more efficient manner with HT’s 8-week program than they would with the traditional 16-week programs if taken at area universities.
THE HT MBA CURRICULUM
The HT MBA is a 36-credit hour program which includes:
- 21 credits of Core classes that teach business fundamentals including accounting, finance, management, marketing, and data analytics.
- 15 credits of elective courses that enable students to develop their specific career interests
The program can be completed in 18 months or less. Courses will be offered in 8-week sessions, six sessions per academic year.
The mission of the HT MBA is to create an environment of academic excellence by providing a curriculum that promotes the teaching of business and management skills, leadership development, global awareness, high ethical principles, and community service.
We recognize the need in Central Texas for a MBA degree program that will provide solutions to the challenges for managers at all levels and in all types of companies. The challenges include:
- Managing culturally diverse teams;
- Managing complex and rapidly evolving technologies, products and services; and
- Managing large amounts of data and information for operations, customer service and innovation.
The HT MBA addresses those challenges by integrating Metro Austin’s strengths (innovation, entrepreneurship, and a culturally and ethnically diverse workforce) with its expertise in information technology and business management to develop a state-of-the-art graduate management training program.
The admission process begins when the enrollment application and $100 application fee are received in the Office of Admissions.
For the Spring 2021 cohort, November 30,2020 is the application deadline for all applicants including international applicants, this includes all supporting documents.
1. A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or
2. A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a
3. At least two years of professional work experience.
4. A minimum TOEFL score of 70 iBT or IELTS 6.0 for applicants
with a degree from a non-English-language university.
5. Two letters of recommendation on organization’s letterhead,
one must be from employer.
6. A completed application package with supporting
Upcoming Curricular Events & Activities
FALL TERM 1 ENDS
FALL TERM 2 BEGINS!
FALL TERM 2 ENDS
Dec 2020 –
COHORT 3 MBA ORIENTATION
SPRING TERM 1 BEGINS